What is BDSM?

If you're new to BDSM or just interested in learning more, start here. We answer a lot of the questions that your looking for here.
MasterMatt
Site Admin
Role: Dominant

What is BDSM?

Post by MasterMatt »

I welcome the other members of this group to jump in and add their thoughts to anything that I post. Even if they are conflicting thoughts - Please feel free to contribute.

So the question has been asked. What is BDSM.

BDSM stands for "Bondage - Domination / Sadism - Masochism" It also stands for "Dominance & Submission".
IMG_3093.JPG
IMG_3093.JPG (51.92 KiB) Viewed 27022 times
In simple terms, BDSM is about the surrender or transfer of control. It is important to remember that BDSM is not about sex! In fact, many BDSM "scenes" are played out without any intercourse at all. However, Sex is an added benefit. :D BDSM is about a deeper physical and even spiritual connection with someone that you trust. Make sure that you can trust your partner. That's one of the most important rules.

There are a lot of different aspects to the BDSM lifestyle and no relationship is the same. I strongly encourage you to read up on the different aspects and safety concerns surrounding this type of lifestyle before you just jump in with both feet. While a lifestyle of this type is very rewarding, it can also be very dangerous. Please be careful!
Remember ~ Safe - Sane - Consensual! Always!
AngelGuErs
Role: Masochist

-

Post by AngelGuErs »

I am still new at all this and so is my husband.I am submissive well I guess thats what I am.It seems over-whelming to me to try to figure it all out I read the definitions for BDSM D/s S&M, TPE, slave,service-oriented person,and a few others but still am not sure where I "fit in".Anyone with any info would be appreciated.Thanks
BLR Akademie, Dachauer Strasse 11, 80335 Munich,
MasterMatt
Site Admin
Role: Dominant

Re: What is BDSM?

Post by MasterMatt »

There is a fun BDSM test that you can take that might help you in discovering who you are. If you would like, you may also post your results here on the forum. Get to the test here: https://bdsmtest.org/

Below are my results. Not always 100% accurate but it's a good start to see who you are. Just be honest with your answers.

100% Owner
100% Rigger
100% Sadist
98% Dominant
97% Degrader
96% Master/Mistress
88% Daddy/Mommy
81% Ageplayer
79% Brat tamer
57% Experimentalist
54% Voyeur
40% Primal (Hunter)
22% Vanilla
19% Non-monogamist
13% Exhibitionist
0% Switch
Remember ~ Safe - Sane - Consensual! Always!